Chiropractic care for Women
Chiropractic care is an ideal source of care for everyone. Chiropractic care helps ensure wellness and health for men & women. Chiropractic treatment can be beneficial for women, especially new mothers and pregnant women. Women who are overweight, have stressful lives, and those who need to strengthen their joints and back for physical activities like sports, are key candidates for regular chiropractic care.
Women experience stress on their bodies through many different phases of life. A women’s bodies change drastically when they age, but many experience pregnancy, weight gain & loss, and injuries in sports. All of these phases can cause body pain that can be treated with chiropractic adjustments. Chiropractors use various techniques to holistically decrease body pain to improve wellness for women.
What are the Different Problems that Women face?
The male’s and female’s bones develop at different rates. Our body comprises cartilage in the bones, which starts flexible and becomes more firm over time, resulting in the hard texture we all associate with bones. In a female body, the bones complete their development quicker than those in the male body. There is a difference in the average size of male and female bones as the male bones continue to grow and develop longer, they also become larger (on average) and have more pronounced corners making the identity of male and female skeletons different.
Women are more prone to having rheumatoid arthritis, migraine headaches, cramps in the calves, polymyalgia rheumatic or rheumatic muscle pain, and fibromyalgia or inflammatory muscular disease. Some pain that women experience is their specific pains such as labor pain, period pain, endometria pain in the lower abdomen, and premenstrual body aches.
Women are more prone to mineral deficiencies such as osteoporosis or calcium deficiency, anemia or iron deficiency, low thyroid due to iodine deficiency, and chronic fatigue due to vitamin D or magnesium deficiency. These deficiencies lead to a range of illnesses, including joint and muscle disorders.
Women often bruise very easily and so are more likely to have injuries in the neck and back areas. Women work for longer hours than men. Women play an important role from taking care of children to organizing meals and sorting out the general matters of the family. This hectic schedule leads to wear and tear in the joints and muscles. Fatigue and over-exertion cause a bad affect on their posture.
Pregnancy puts a lot of strain on the lower back. During the pregnancy, the baby’s weight puts tremendous strain on the groin and lower back. The body secretes a hormone that causes bone loss in the pelvic and lower back joint surfaces just before the end term. The body does this to make itself more flexible so the head can pass through the pelvic girdle without any hindrance. This often causes additional backache. As the baby grows, the mother has to carry it very often, which puts a lot of strain on the arms and the neck. Mothers forget that the child gains weight rapidly and continue to lift and carry them, which causes a lot of backaches.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Women
Chiropractors believe in a holistic (“total person”) approach to healing that symbolizes the new and changing attitude toward health. They believe in the concept of “maintaining health” versus “treating disease.”
Chiropractors help in addressing various problems unique to women. This usually includes chiropractic care for pregnant and postpartum women, as well as those suffering from premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps.
Chiropractic care is beneficial in the treatment of various female-related issues such as sciatica, tension headaches, asthma, high blood pressure, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoporosis, temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD), and neurological pain.
- Aging: Women above the age of 60 may suffer from osteoporosis, a condition where bones become porous and brittle. Some of them may also experience the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, which brings reduced mental function. Chiropractic care can help boost the strength and vitality of bones, joints, and muscles, as well as improve posture. Chiropractors focus on improving communication along with your body’s nervous system.
- Pain Reduction: Regular chiropractic care can help relieve the pain from osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative disease of the joints. Chiropractic therapy helps in maintaining the normal nerve function of the body that can help in the reduction of inflammation and pain thus preventing further joint deterioration. Lower back pain and cramps are common complications during menstruation and may be accompanied by nausea. In severe cases of cramps from menstruation, women are even unable to move. Chiropractic care can help relieve lower back pain and cramps and improve quality of life. The symptoms of cramps can be treated by manipulating the spine to relieve pressure on the tissues.
- Blood Pressure: Chiropractic adjustment provides a similar effect to high blood pressure medication for people suffering from high blood pressure.
High blood pressure medications can have negative side effects including:
- Weight loss
If chiropractic adjustment can have a similar, if not the same, effect as these types of medications, it is something to consider.
- Your Spine, Nerves & Hormones: The female sexual organs-the ovaries, oviducts (tubes), uterus, cervix, vagina, glands, and related structures need a healthy nerve supply from the spine to function properly. Chiropractors help in maintaining a healthy relationship between the sexual organ and the spinal column.
- Postpartum Care: Many women experience muscle pain while they heal after the baby is born. Spinal adjustment stretches, and exercises can help women improve their balance and coordination as well as reduce muscle tension in the days and weeks after delivery.
- Menopause: This leads to hormones surging and changes in the body leading to a variety of symptoms including hot flashes, mood swings, changes in weight, and other problems. Spinal adjustment can help regulate hormone production in the body, thus easing the transition from premenopausal to postmenopausal life.
Additionally, nutrition is important for women who choose to breastfeed. Chiropractors also provide nutrition counseling that can help new mothers consume the right mixture of fats, calories, vitamins, and minerals. This can help women maintain good health and pass on good nutrition to their babies while breastfeeding is taking place.
Chiropractic treatment can be a great way to improve multiple areas of women’s health, especially with non-invasive treatment. Surgeries and medications have various side effects and are expensive. With chiropractic adjustment, women could safely and easily target their problems.
People Also Read:
If you or anyone you know is suffering from pain, our expert providers at Zenith Injury Relief & Wellness Clinic will take care of your health and help you recover.